Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Baby Love

 Through my blogging years I've shared my love for vintage children's books, Christmas decor, angels, garden items, etc.
There is just something about the soft colors and sweet faces on these pieces that really speaks to me.  I suppose it's a reminder of simpler times.


 When I came across this print in a thrift shop a few years ago, my boys were 6 feet tall and grandchildren weren't on the horizon, yet the innocence of that chubby baby boy being closely guarded by the sweet pup... well... what can I say other than it found it's way home with me and has been stashed away in my "Grandma Hope Chest" ever since.

 
 Also in that hope chest is this little print.
When my boys were babies this hung in their nursery.
As you can see my love for precious baby prints goes back a long way :).

On occasion Brett would be with me when I stumbled upon one of my vintage treasures.  As was the case with the above print.  It is beautifully framed and matted by an art shop and was reduced to $5.  
When he looked at it I think he wondered if I was a bit off my rocker to be buying a mother/baby picture at this stage of my life.
When I looked at it I saw a precious baby (in adorable
yellow shoes ;-) surrounded by the protective arms of his loving mama with the faithful pup nearby.  I will admit the warm and cozy home out the window helped to seal the deal.
In this case I disregarded Brett's hesitation and considered it a most valuable addition to the hope chest.

I hoped that someday I would be blessed with a grandchild to hold in my arms and shower with unconditional love.
Through my years of blogging I have been taking mental notes from so many of you who are currently grandparents and fill that role so well.  


 And now, it is with a full and happy heart, that I announce the birth of my very first grandson.

Baby Jaxson
born June 10, 2013
7 lbs. 15 oz.
21.5 inches

Off to unpack that hope chest.





Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar