Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Butchers, bakers and bookshops.

The last few weeks have flown by and Christmas seems to be fast approaching! I missed "Stir up Sunday" by 8 days and only made my Christmas pudding last night using my Mother in law's recipe see here.

This Saturday 8th December is "Support Small Business Day".  I have always been passionate about buying local and particularly at this time of year I seek out the unique shops. This slogan for me says it all.



We are lucky with our closest town of Bridport being full of independent retailers, reminding me of how high streets used to look in long forgotten Christmas's of the past. Not only are the shops in Bridport unique, but some of them have some great names too .....


Books are always at the top of my Christmas list and there are four bookshops to lose myself in!





So no guesses where I will be this Saturday. Is your High Street a clone of so many other towns or do you have some hidden gems like me?

Sarah x

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar