Greetings dear friends & readers
Thank you all So Very Much for the kind comments you left me in my last post.
Everything you wrote meant the world to me ... I was so encouraged by your words that I shall endeavour to keep plodding along with my blog & trying to post a bit more regularly
In fact it has been a week of plodding ... some Orders were finished up & I have been waving my paintbrush
around again
Everything you wrote meant the world to me ... I was so encouraged by your words that I shall endeavour to keep plodding along with my blog & trying to post a bit more regularly
In fact it has been a week of plodding ... some Orders were finished up & I have been waving my paintbrush
around again
My sister-in-law Leonie gave me a piece of fabric & a chair pad she wanted covered - I forgot to take a "before pic".
As there was a piece of fabric left I stitched up a small plump cushion to go on the chair & covered a button for the cushion centre.
It is almost a year now since Leonie's Mum Dulcie passed away.
Dulcie was a friendly, happy lady who loved clothes & loved bright colours.
It is almost a year now since Leonie's Mum Dulcie passed away.
Dulcie was a friendly, happy lady who loved clothes & loved bright colours.
The fleece coat above left was one of her favourite garments - Leonie had it hanging in her wardrobe & asked me
if I could make some lavender filled hearts from it - for her to hand out on her Mum's anniversary.
Originally I was to make 6, then 8 ...... then this grew to 12.
I am sure that due to the drought we have had this summer, the oil content in the lavender is high because these hearts smelt SO fragrant ... just divine 💜
if I could make some lavender filled hearts from it - for her to hand out on her Mum's anniversary.
Originally I was to make 6, then 8 ...... then this grew to 12.
I am sure that due to the drought we have had this summer, the oil content in the lavender is high because these hearts smelt SO fragrant ... just divine 💜
These wooden items have been sitting in my Cottage waiting for me to upcycle/revamp them for over a year now.
Finally I hauled out all my left over colours of chalk paint.
Finally I hauled out all my left over colours of chalk paint.
![]() |
| Top shelf Lower shelf |
This old wooden trolley has been painted in Sandstone & the stencilling done in Duck Egg Blue - I only own
one stencil so you get varying versions of the same thing 😉
one stencil so you get varying versions of the same thing 😉
This small wooden cabinet had been gifted to me years ago & - at the time - I stripped & oiled it.
Now it too got painted in Sandstone & lightly stencilled
Now it too got painted in Sandstone & lightly stencilled
The oak bedside cabinet above got painted in Old Linen - I love this colour as it has a faint bluey/grey tinge.
Some leftover rub-ons got applied to the door.
Some leftover rub-ons got applied to the door.
This small polka dot suitcase got a freshen up with some pale duck egg - I don't know why I bothered masking
up the handles as I ended up painting them anyway 😉
up the handles as I ended up painting them anyway 😉
Some time has been spent with my beautiful grandsons who are growing up so very fast!
They both came for a sleepover at Granny's - we had a wonderful time together but one of us (Yes, you can guess) was shattered at the end & needed a nap to catch up again !!
I still enjoy knitting at nights - these cotton dishcloths are made using all my oddments of bamboo/cotton yarn - they are real scrap bag cloths. But they are fun to do & don't require too much concentration - which suits me just fine of an evening.
Thanks so much dear friends for your visits today,
I hope the rest of the week is good & kind to all of you,
Thanks again for all your kindness & encouragement in my last post.
With much love & friendship to you all,
Julie & the furry ones x0x0x
Thanks so much dear friends for your visits today,
I hope the rest of the week is good & kind to all of you,
Thanks again for all your kindness & encouragement in my last post.
With much love & friendship to you all,
Julie & the furry ones x0x0x













0 Yorumlar